Name Change US Passport Requirement
Step 1 - Prepare Passport Application Documents
1. DS-5504: Government Application - DS-5504 must be completed online using the government application form.
2. One Passport Photo - The photo must be 2×2, color with a plain light or white background and show a full front view of the face.
3. Valid U.S. Passport
4. You current passport must have been issued within the last year.
Important: If your passport was issued more than one year ago you should use the Passport Renewal instructions.
5. Official Name Change Documentation If the name you are currently using differs from the name on your previous passport you must submit a marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order showing the change of name. The name change document must bear the official seal of the issuing authority. Uncertified copies or notarized documents can not be accepted. All documents will be returned to you with your passport.
6. Authorization Letter - Fill out, sign then print 2 copies of this form authorizing Skyline Passport & Visa to handle your passport service request.
7. Travel Evidence Please provide two copies of one of the following:
Copy of plane ticket showing foreign departure, OR
Copy of travel itinerary (from airline or travel agency with applicant's name, travel date, flight info
8. Government Fee $142, payable to the U.S. Department of State
9. FineStop Passport Fee - Payable to FineStop Passport by check, money order, or credit card during check out
$75 - Rush (6-7 Business Days), OR
$100 - Rush (4-5 Business Days), OR
$125 - Emergency (2-3 Business Days)
10. Shipping Fee -Payable to FineStop Passport by check, money order, or credit card during check out
$35 - Overnight Delivery
$25 - Two Day Delivery
Step 2 - Fill Out the FineStop Passport Online Order Form
All applicants must complete and submit the Online Order Form. After submitting the order form please print a copy of the "confirmation page" and send it to us along with the rest of the documents listed above.
Step 3 - Get Application Authorized
All First Time or New Applicants need to have their applications authorized by local government officials called Acceptance Agents (AA). You need to take with you all the documents listed above.
AAs are located in Post Offices and Courthouses around the country. Not every Post Office or Courthouse has an AA, and hours vary. Click here to locate your closest AA.
The AA's job is to witness the applicant sign the government form, check their ID, and seal some of the application materials into an envelope.
The AA should write the applicant's name, departure date, and date of birth on the outside of the sealed envelope. If two or more applications are sealed in the same envelope, ensure that all applicant's information is written on the outside of the sealed envelope.
Tell the AA that you are using FineStop Passport & Visa to expedite the application. They must return the envelope to you. It is occasionally necessary to refer the AA to the Department of State's "Hand Carrying of Executed Applications" policy, located on page 31 or 44 of their manual. If the agent refuses to return the envelope, call Us to have a representative assist you.
Step 4 - Ship Documents to FineStop Passport
Be sure that you send the government sealed envelope and the rest of the documents, arranged as listed in step 1. Any discrepancy can delay processing.
The federal government requires that we submit your application within 5 business days of it having been sealed. If your envelope was authorized more than two days ago, please call Us for instructions.
Please send all the documents listed above to the following address:
Company: FineStop Passport $ Visa
Tel: +1 (571) 215 7900